Job Vacancy: Business Analyst
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
At ASL we are committed to keeping people safe, entertained, and making a difference. Our strong sense of identification with clients, acousticians and audio engineers means that we are constantly adapting. To this end, we adopt a progressive approach to technology, and continue to invest heavily in our research and development programs.
Purpose of Role:
The Business Analyst is responsible for working with all parts of the business to understand and improve the business processes, workflows, and information systems to meet the company’s objectives.
- Identify and promote the implementation of improvements to business processes to meet company requirements and ISO 9001 (quality), 14001 (environment), and 27001 (information security) standards.
- Review and audit processes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Implement, maintain, and continually improve the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) information system.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the company ERP information system and business processes.
- Use data modelling practices to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes to the ERP information system and business processes.
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions.
- Identify the processes, resources, and information technology required to introduce recommendations.
- Gain agreement from senior management, of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business.
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern.
- Produce written documentation to support your work including training materials, report on your findings, and present to stakeholders when necessary.
- Support staff and teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues.
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 5 years of proven experience working in a business analyst role.
- Experience with ERP systems (Access Dimensions and/or Dynamics Business Central preferred).
- An understanding of ISO9001, 14001, and 27001 (desirable).
- Change management.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties.
- The capacity to motivate others and lead change.
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes.
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change.
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
- A strong interest in business and business development.
- A good understanding of information technology.
Education & Qualifications:
- A good degree in a relevant subject, such as business information systems or business computing systems
- Project Management: Prince 2/Agile
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension – employer contribution 5%
- Death in service benefit
- Group sickness benefit
- A range of family-friendly policies including flexible working
- 31 days holiday (rising to 33) this includes public holidays.
If you feel like you would be a good fit and have a lot to offer please feel free send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com