The History of the ISCVE
The Institute of Sound, Communications & Visual Engineers has a long history.
A meeting of eight public address traders and contractors took place on 21st April 1948 at the premises of National Sound Reproducers in Ealing Road, Wembley Middlesex.
The eight parties present formed a trade body named the Association of Public Address Engineers, and known as APAE .
An inaugural meeting of the Institute of Sound and Communications Engineers was held at the Royal Festival Hall, London on 22nd November 1979.
On 1 August 2020, the company formally amended its name to ISCVE Limited.
ISCVE became ECS AV Engineer Card accredited, allowing the Institute to issue its own branded AV Engineer ECS Safety Card to members passing the Health and Safety Assessment and the Electrical Safety Unit Assessment.
The Institute rebrands to ISCVE Ltd – Institute of Sound, Communications & Visual Engineers, recognising and embracing new technologies and markets members are working in.
ISCE became ECS Sound Engineer Card and Health & Safety Assessment accredited, allowing the Institute to issue its own branded ECS Safety Card and carry out Health & Safety Assessments for members.
ISCEx celebrates its 10th anniversary.
The inaugural ISCEx networking, exhibition and seminar event was launched at at Birmingham’s upgraded Alexandra Stadium, exceeding all expectations when it took place on Wednesday 27 February .
The Institute of Sound & Communications Engineers then formed itself into an independent organisation, and was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee on 6 December 1996.
Part of SCIF was taken over in July 1995 by PLASA – Professional Light and Sound Association at Eastbourne Sussex.
The Association changed its name on 10 Dec 1987 to Sound & Communications Industries Federation – SCIF.
The inaugural meeting of the Institute of Sound & Communications Engineers was held at the Royal Festival Hall – London 22 November 1979. The Institute was an integral part of ASCE.
In 1977, the name was changed to – Association of Sound & Communications Engineers – ASCE.
APAE Ltd. was incorporated on 2 December 1971 as a company limited by guarantee.
At the Radiolympia show on 3 October 1949, the first president of the APAE was appointed and given a cardboard badge; he was A. R. Williams MC. of Grampian Reproducers Ltd.
A meeting of eight public address traders and contractors took place on 21 April 1948 at the premises of National Sound Reproducers in Ealing Road, Wembley Middlesex. The eight agreed to form a trade body to be called the Association of Public Address Engineers, known as APAE.