Training: Designing for Speech Intelligibility
How would you like to learn the factors affecting and limiting speech intelligibility in a space or environment and how they can be overcome and controlled?
YOU WILL LEARN…
- Relevent British and European intelligibility standards
- Intelligibility metrics
- Factors that affect the Speech Transmission Index
- Loudspeaker choice and placement
- Reverberation times
- Direct-to-reverberant ratios
- Signal-to-noise ratios, static and time variant
- Intelligibility limits in an acoustic space
- Measuring the Speech Transmission Index (STI-PA and indirect methods)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you are involved in specifying, designing or installing sound systems or voice alarm systems where speech intelligibility is important, including engineers, installers, system designers, estimators, consultants and local authorities, this course will benefit you.
This training event will be held at:
9 Coldharbour Pinnacle Estate
Tony Stacey FInstSCE
Principal Acoustic Consultant at a London based consultancy working primarily in the field of Speech Intelligibility.