Training: Sound Measurement Techniques – Extra Date
Learn how to measure the acoustic parameters that affect sound system performance and design.
The course will include live demonstrations and a hands-on session where participants get to make their own measurements.
If you are involved in the installation and testing of sound systems or voice alarm systems, this course is recommended for you.
You will learn:
- How sound level meters work and which measurement parameters and settings to use.
- Noise measurement terminology; A and C weighting curves, fast, slow integration times and Leq measurements.
- Octave, 1/3 octave and narrow band frequency resolutions and their uses.
- What ‘real time’ analysis can and cannot do.
- How to make impulse response measurements and what these can tell you.
- How to make reverberation time measurements and estimate reverberation times.
- How rooms can affect sound and how to determine and quantify such effects.
- Direct and reverberant soundfield analysis.
- Critical distance and its importance in sound system measurement.
- How to measure sound distribution and variation.
- System polarity measurements.
- How to make speech transmission index measurements and verify the intelligibility.
- Measuring the frequency response of a sound system.
- Use of acoustic measurement apps and devices.
This training event will be held at:
Hendall Manor Barns Ltd