Job Vacancy: Business Development Executive
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
Come and join the UK’s largest VA manufacturer.
Working in Lewes, you can enjoy a South Coast life in vibrant Brighton, while helping ASL and new customers meet up and do business together. With a mixed and exciting role, contacting and meeting potential customers, making proposals and helping keep our website up to date, we need someone who can thrive on a variety of tasks and has an eye for detail in written work as well as the ability to understand and meet needs quickly and efficiently.
Purpose of Role:
Enhance business development capability in the company, supporting all business development activities. The primary purpose is to expand the company’s sales and profits and to encourage customers and stakeholders to engage with ASL.
- Lead interaction with consultants and specifiers
- Ensure that CPD material for consultants and specifiers is available and current
- Co-ordinate business development activities and appointments
- Provide bid support for potential projects
- Support the Sales Team with system planning
- Assist with managing the ASL website and newsletters
- Improve ASL loudspeaker sales through active support of Sales Team in this area
- Provide market feedback on product information, competitive product data and market pricing to the Product Manager
- Produce detailed quotations and systems proposals as required
- Visit key customers around the UK
- Occasional travel overseas. (To visit exhibitions or customers)
Skills & Attributes:
- Good communication, inter-personal skills and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Attention to detail
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited direct supervision
- Ability to learn new technology and processes
- Customer focused, and results driven
- Willingness to travel and can drive / own a car
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of working in a Sales or Bus Dev environment
- Experience of working as part of a team on high value system sales
- Experience of working in virtual teams and with Integration partners
- Knowledge of the key companies and individuals in the PA / VA and/ or Security Building Management sectors
- Must have an interest in new technology related to the Company’s markets and quickly understand the technology behind new products to relay the information to customers
Education & Qualifications:
- Good level of Maths and written English
- ISCVE membership preferred
Remuneration based on experience.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Annette Brown, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org