Job Vacancy: Audio Installation Engineer
Company: Aqord Ltd
Based in Manchester, Aqord Limited design, supply, install and maintain audio systems for a wide range of clients across the UK. We have an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to join our team.
The role can be remote / field based with office time as and when required.
A company vehicle and PC will be included, and the company adopts a positive approach to flexible working.
Playing a key role in the development of the audio systems business, you will be instrumental in the delivery, installation, service, and development of audio services within our prominent client base across the UK. Typical projects including Public Adress (PA), Voice Alarm (VA) and Background Music as well as Audio Visual (AV) Systems. You will be working closely with the Project Director and Technical Manager to ensure the projects are delivered effectively to a high standard.
This position will suit an experienced Audio Engineer who is looking to broaden their skills towards project management. You will be installing, commissioning, and servicing projects whilst helping the business develop its processes and grow.
This is a great career opportunity for an individual seeking a new challenge within a small and dynamic business.
- Liaising with the Project Director and Technical Manager to plan, design and deliver projects.
- Installation of audio equipment and cabling.
- Dealing with issues that arise whilst on site.
- Working with other engineers and sub-contractors on site.
- Liaising with client contacts.
- Commissioning and handing over completed projects.
- Ensuring projects run to schedule and raise any issues with the project manager.
- Maintain high standards on workmanship across the installation projects
- Proven knowledge of Audio Installations including PA, VA, and Background Music.
- Experience working on sites within contractor chains.
- Experience using power tools.
- Knowledge of site supervision, including health and safety requirements (RAMS).
- Be available and open to work varied schedules, depending on the project (early in the morning or in the evening as per the client’s needs).
- Strong attention to detail and pride in delivering projects to the highest standards.
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Enjoy teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong priority management skills and respect of tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and ability to adapt to change.
- Demonstrates autonomy and resourcefulness when working with little information.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Audio installation and service across all types of sites.
- Experience with major audio brands, Bose Professional, Cloud Electronics, Baldwin Boxall, ASL, TOA, Axis Communications.
- ECS approved.
- Full UK driving licence – Are able to travel to customer sites throughout UK and occasionally abroad. Estimate 60% of your time will be on site / travelling.
- Hold a valid UK passport
- Have completed a working at height training – IPAF (an asset)
- Knowledge of CAD Design & Drawings (an asset).
- Membership of ISCVE an advantage.
- A company vehicle and PC will be included, and the company adopts a positive approach to flexible working.
- Salary expectation between £30-40k OTE (subject to experience).
Please send you CV to email@example.com