Job Vacancy: Business Development Executive (Distribution), South
Company: TOA Corporation (UK) Ltd
Part of the global TOA family, TOA Corporation (UK) Ltd is located in Leatherhead in Surrey in the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves that our knowledge in each of our six business fields Voice Alarm, Intercom, ProSound, Distribution, Wireless and Conference Systems creates acoustic sound fields for millions of people to make lives safer, communication easier and audio entertainment more pleasurable.
To plan and carry out direct sales activities to maintain and develop sales of primarily Voice Evacuation systems but also Public Address, Intercom, and IP Audio solutions. Developing business plans for allocated accounts and new business development in accordance with agreed business plans.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop accounts and project pipelines.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings and tender specifications
- Develop ideas and create proposals both independently and with technical team
- Achieve specification of TOA solutions with regular CPD presentations and contacts with M&E consultants
- Conduct training on existing and new products and solutions to Fire & Security integrators.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by email and personal visits.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant feedback on existing and new products.
- Carry out continuous market research, to enhance knowledge of competitor’s solutions and customer requirements.
- Build TOA presence in existing markets and develop activity and penetration in new markets
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales reporting purposes.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Scale & Territory Indicators:
Target sectors: All major distributors, fire alarm/security integrators, audio specialists, M&E Consultants, and end-users. Develop sales within current base of c.70 accounts, but also actively find reliable, high-quality, and profitable new accounts.
Typical account value: £10k – £100k+ pa.
Person profile – Senior Sales Executive:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and profitable relationships.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with all levels from technical staff, contract managers, system specifiers up to senior executives.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Well-presented and business-like.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Specific Job Skills:
- Able to communicate and motivate via all media.
- Understands the principles of cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, etc.
- Appreciates need for consistency within company’s branding and marketing mix, especially social media platforms.
- Must be adept in use of Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level.
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, credit terms, etc.
Business and Selling Skills:
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts and large contracts, particularly achieving genuine sales development.
- Ideal background would be in Fire and Security industry, preferably with a proven network of relevant contacts, and history of working on large projects; experience of audio, electro acoustics, audio visual and electrical contracting would be particularly helpful.
- Membership of ISCVE an advantage.
- Experience of interpreting tender specifications would also be important.
- Basic Salary plus twice-yearly Bonus Scheme
- Company Car with Fuel Card
- 28 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme (after 3 months)
- Company Healthcare Scheme (after 12 months)
To apply please email email@example.com