Job Vacancy: Field Service Engineer
Company: Contacta Systems Ltd
Main Purpose of Job:
Working in Service Delivery you will be responsible to the Service Delivery Manager.
To install, service and maintain Contacta equipment including but not limited to:
- Hearing Loops
- Large Area Room Loops
- Speech Transfer Systems
- Queue management systems
- Bulk transfer banking units
Knowledge and Experience:
Qualifications: ECS card desired but not essential
- Driving Licence (maximum 3 points)
- Travel throughout the UK including overnight stays
- Available to work evening and weekends as required (overtime payable)
- ISCVE membership an advantage
- Install, service and maintain Contacta equipment – works to include manual handling including some heavy lifting, working at height and site work.
- Travel throughout the UK at the requirement of the business.
- Plan and prioritise jobs assigned by the service delivery team ensuring completion to designated timescales.
- Complete and return all paperwork to the service delivery team to agreed standards and timescales.
- All expenses claims documented accurately and returned within designated timescales.
- Company vehicles to be maintained and serviced according to agreed timescales with appropriate documentation returned to Service Delivery Manager.
- Responsible for the security of spares, equipment and tools in your company vehicle ensuring adequate stock levels.
- Portray a professional image of Contacta by wearing well-kept uniform.
- All other duties as required
- New and existing customers
- Regional scheduler
- Service Delivery Manager
- Head of UK Sales and Service
- Field Service Engineers
Major Job Challenges:
- Ensure the timely repair and installation of Contacta equipment whilst championing the Contacta brand.
- Thinking on your feet to provide a timely and full repair for the customer and ensuring a first-time fix where possible.
- Available to spend additional time on site to complete works as required if they overrun.
- Providing adequate information to the Service Delivery team to ensure a quotation can be provided if a first time fix cannot be completed.
- Leadership – Core
- Team Working – Core
- Customer Focus – 2
- Communications/influencing – Core
- Using/managing resources – Core
- Continuous improvement and development – Core
- Problem solving/decision taking – Core
- Pro-active approach with ‘can-do’ attitude
Job Specific Competencies:
- Time Management and excellent organisation skills
- Effective planning and prioritising
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude to both customers and colleagues
- Excellent communicator
- Able to manage own workload and take on additional tasks at short notice.
- Calm under pressure
- Monday to Friday 08.30-17.30
- Additional overtime evenings and weekends required.
- Salary is £25-28k dependent on experience
- 20 days holiday
- Pension plan
- Optional healthcare
- Van provided with the option for personal use at standard taxable rates
- Paid overtime
Please apply via email to Gemma White firstname.lastname@example.org