Job Vacancy: Head of Projects Engineering
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd / Zenitel
ASL is a UK based leading supplier of EN54 Public Address, Voice Alarm, Commercial Audio and Control Systems. Zenitel with it’s HQ in Norway is one of the technology leaders in intelligent critical communication. ASL & Zenitel have now joined forces to become a truly global business.
ASL and Zenitel products are renowned for their high reliability, compatibility, and flexibility. Fully certified to stringent industry standards.
Purpose of Role:
The Head of Projects Engineering will lead all activities relating to the delivery of Customer projects, leading a team of Project managers and Systems Engineers, the role will have a strong focus on commercial success.
Reports to EVP Transportation and Special Solutions.
- Manage project scoping and requirements definition alongside the sales team.
- Deliver strategic development of Technical support Services.
- Manage Customer delivery projects in line with the Zenitel project management processes and values.
- Ensure the maximum commercial benefit is delivered by our projects
- Lead the production of all required customer and internal handover documentation.
- Develop strategic relationships with key Customers.
- Create and deliver project reporting tools to enhance project status communication with Customers and internally
- Develop Projects Engineering team skills and competences
- Initiate process, tools and methodology improvement activities.
Skills & Attributes:
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced business leader, capable of developing a close-knit team and building strong professional relationships.
- Have good communication skills and experienced working with all levels of the organisation.
- Have an interest in leading edge control system and telecommunications technology.
- Ability to lead the delivery of complex projects within agreed timescales and have strong commercial awareness.
- Be able to work independently making decisions, problem solving and driving issues to a conclusion.
- Be able to quickly adapt to new challenges.
- Strong technical skills and a desire to develop the skills of your team.
- On occasion be available to travel to customer sites in Europe and internationally
Knowledge & Experience:
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- Leading the delivery of complex technical projects.
- People Management and Leadership
- Experience of PAVA & control systems advantageous
- Membership of ISCVE an advantage
Education & Qualifications:
Good Engineering degree, or a proven track record in Project Management.
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Health cover (on completion of probation period)
- Training & Personal development
- Opportunities for career progression
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Marc Sellis, HR and Business Support