Job Vacancy: Junior Product Engineer
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
At ASL we are committed to keeping people safe, entertained, and making a difference. Our strong sense of identification with clients, acousticians and audio engineers means that we are constantly adapting. To this end, we adopt a progressive approach to technology, and continue to invest heavily in our research and development programs.
Purpose of Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Project Engineer to support with the delivery of Public Address and Voice Alarm (PA/VA) systems. You will be part of a highly driven team, motivated to exceed the company’s expectations. As this is a Junior role, training will be provided.
- Learning the technical aspects of PA/VA systems.
- Delivering projects in accordance with the customers’ requirements, on time, and within budget.
- Review of technical solutions and resource requirements.
- Ensure appropriate risk and change management processes are adhered to.
- Produce project-specific documentation including requirements, design documentation, test plans, O&M manuals.
- Be the primary interface with the customer for technical issues.
- Follow and recommend improvements to the company Quality Management System.
- Manage and conduct customer Factory Acceptance Tests at ASL offices.
- Support the Sales department with the review and generation of quotations.
- Work with Engineering and Technical support teams.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Technical Project Management or experience in a technical environment.
- Experience in technical support via telephone/email/remote access.
- Experience in Voice Alarm and Public Address systems.
Skills & Attributes:
The successful candidate will:
- Possess good technical skills and be willing to learn.
- Be a team player, comfortable working in a close-knit team, and building strong professional relationships.
- Have good communication skills and be able to work with all levels in the organisation.
- Have strong documentation skills.
- Work within agreed timescales.
- Work independently making decisions, problem-solving and driving issues to a conclusion.
- Excellent computer literacy, familiar with common platforms such as Microsoft Office.
Education & Qualifications:
A good degree or Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension – employer contribution 5%
- Death in service benefit
- Group sickness benefit
- A range of family-friendly policies including flexible working
- 31 days holiday (rising to 33) this includes public holidays.
- As this is a Junior Role progression and additional training opportunities will be available.
If you feel like you would be a good fit and have a lot to offer please feel free send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com