Job Vacancy: Senior DSP Engineer
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
At ASL we are committed to keeping people safe, entertained, and making a difference. Our strong sense of identification with clients, acousticians and audio engineers means that we are constantly adapting. To this end, we adopt a progressive approach to technology, and continue to invest heavily in our research and development programs.
Purpose of Role:
ASL is looking for an experienced, creative and talented DSP Engineer to work on Audio Digital Signal Processing algorithms and associated control software within a dedicated team to develop exciting and innovative Professional Audio Products.
- Design and implementation of DSP for digital audio systems
- Design and implementation of software for audio networking solutions and system peripherals
- Product Specification and Architectural design
Knowledge & Experience:
- Design and implementation of DSP algorithms for audio systems
- Design and implementation of embedded software written in C and/or C++ for such systems
- Full product life-cycle experience
- Experience of working within a quality system e.g ISO9001
- Familiarity with assembler language for ADI Processors: SHARC, SHARC+, Blackfin
- A keen interest in audio systems
- C experience
- C++ experience
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with IP and audio networking
- Good hardware familiarity
- Experience with RTOS
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work well within a small team of hardware and software engineers
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable working with all levels of the organisation and with customers
- Good time estimating and planning skills
- Ability to work independently making decisions and driving issues to a conclusion
- Be interested in all aspects of the Company from business strategy to the working environment
- Be flexible and keen to assist in a variety of ways on a variety of projects.
- Above all have strong technical skills and a desire to develop these quickly
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant subject or a track record that demonstrates a clear ability to design complex, innovative new products.
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension – employer contribution 5%
- Death in service benefit
- Group sickness benefit
- A range of family-friendly policies including flexible working
- 31 days holiday (rising to 33) this includes public holidays.
If you feel like you would be a good fit and have a lot to offer please feel free send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org