Job Vacancy: Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
At ASL we are committed to keeping people safe, entertained, and making a difference. Our strong sense of identification with clients, acousticians and audio engineers means that we are constantly adapting. To this end, we adopt a progressive approach to technology, and continue to invest heavily in our research and development programs.
Purpose of Role:
ASL is looking for an experienced C++ developer for its PA and Control System products.
- Design and develop modules for PA / Control System products.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experienced C++ developer.
- Qt experience.
- GUI design skills.
- Good system understanding of PC architectures, operating systems, databases, software systems and networks.
- Experience using Linux as development platform.
- Cross platform embedded experience (Linux on ARM).
Skills & Attributes:
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player, comfortable working in a close-knit team and building strong professional relationships.
- Have good communication skills and be comfortable working with all levels of the organisation and with customers.
- Want to be working in an environment where their colleagues depend upon him or her to deliver.
- Be able to work independently making decisions and driving issues to a conclusion.
- Be interested in all aspects of the company from business strategy to the working environment.
- Be flexible and keen to assist in a variety of ways on a variety of projects.
- Above all have strong technical skills and a desire to develop these.
Education & Qualifications:
- Upper second BSc degree (or equivalent) or higher in a relevant subject (Computing, Computational Mathematics, etc.)
- Postgraduate qualifications are beneficial but not essential.
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension – employer contribution 5%
- Death in service benefit
- Group sickness benefit
- A range of family-friendly policies including flexible working
- 31 days holiday (rising to 33) this includes public holidays.
If you feel like you would be a good fit and have a lot to offer please feel free send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org