Job Vacancy: Software Development Engineers
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
Are you passionate about coding and software design? Does the prospect of building applications to solve high impact business problems excite you? We are looking for C++ software developers who can build robust applications, pioneer new programs for our customers, and help define the technological future for our products.
We are looking for a number of software engineers to expand our team, at a variety of experience levels.
For Junior Software Engineers we require a minimum of either: a) newly graduated in Computer Science or a related field; or b) equivalent work experience with C++.
We are also looking for a number of mid level and senior C++ software engineers with an interest in helping us grow and develop our talent pool (yes – including themselves!).
We are committed to supporting our new team members and we’re building an environment that fosters knowledge sharing and mentorship. This is great opportunity for software engineers to create impact and develop their careers.
During COVID we are working from home when possible (company supplied laptop over VPN so you just need broadband). Long term the plan is hybrid working where there is likely to be a minimum of 1 or 2 days a week in the office.
As a software engineer in ASL, you will have technical ownership of your designs and services, and you will influence good coding practices among your peers. Responsibilities include designing, coding, reviewing, testing, fixing, researching, deploying and maintaining services and code in production environments.
We are looking for experienced software engineers who use technology to solve complex problems, collaborating with team members and across teams. You may create or have responsibility to improve or invent tools or applications.
Things We're Looking For:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to articulate real world problems into technical solutions.
- Experience mentoring more junior software engineers to improve their skills.
- Experience of contributing to building, designing and deploying performant (reliable and scalable) multi-threaded and/or distributed systems.
- Linux is our main development environment, however only interest in gaining this experience is required, and we do value expertise of other platforms.
We use predominantly C++ and Qt to develop mostly cross platform products and solutions. Our key software product is a top level control system that manages various other systems and presents the information from them in a coherent fashion to the operators and includes a 3D interactive map. Our core hardware product domain is public address / voice alarm (think stations and stadiums).
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension – employer contribution 5%
- Death in service benefit
- Group sickness benefit
- A range of family-friendly policies including flexible working
- 31 days holiday (rising to 33) this includes public holidays.
If you feel like you would be a good fit and have a lot to offer please feel free send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org