Job Vacancy: Systems Test Engineer
Company: Baldwin Boxall Ltd
Baldwin Boxall is looking for an individual to join our growing systems test team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who support and lead in a caring, friendly and safe working environment where exceeding expectations is encouraged and rewarded.
Baldwin Boxall is an independent, highly successful, business based in Crowborough, who designs, manufactures and markets voice alarm and emergency voice communication equipment. Systems are installed in varying sectors, including commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, transport and public service facilities, distributing worldwide.
Our Values: We care…..we connect.….we commit…..we deliver…..we are trusted.
The successful candidate will work in our busy systems test department configuring and testing 100V line voice alarm and public address systems which we have specifically designed for a particular building. On occasion this will also include the testing of emergency voice communication systems (‘EVC’ Refuge/Fire Telephones).
As well as test the candidate will on occasion carry out factory acceptance tests (FAT) with the customer, liaise with research and development on problems and solutions, report any product failures, collate OEM (original equipment manufacturer) documentation, carry out 5S audits in their area and carry out any other tasks as required by the Systems Manager.
We are looking for a self-motivated person who has great attention to detail, excellent communication skills and can consistently produce high quality work. They will be able to work independently but also part of a team.
Experience in testing electronics/electronic systems and/or a qualification in electronics would be preferred. Full product training will be given.
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Manual handling techniques
- ESD Awareness
- Accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
- Use and care of hand and power tools
- Rack mechanical assembly and fasteners
- Knowedge of 5S workplace organisation
- Cable stripping and crimping techniques
- Soldering; cables, components, printed circuit board assembly
- Knowledge of colour codes and component identification
- Product knowledge
- Understanding of wiring diagrams and external technical documents
- Rack wiring
- Electronic theory
- 100V line theory (phasing, tapping etc)
- Working knowledge of test equipment
- Ability to follow test specifications
- Working knowledge of public address and voice alarm/evacuation systems
- Working knowledge of BS 5839 and EN54
- Working knowledge of computer programs as used by Systems
- Membership of ISCVE an advantage
- £29K to £32K depending on experience + overtime or TIL
- Profit related annual bonus
- 37.5 hours a week (Friday AM only)
- Permanent contract
- Company pension
- Private health scheme
- Life insurance
- Profit related quarterly lunches
- Work clothing
- Company social events
- On-site parking
To apply for this role please contact Kirsty Mitchell by email email@example.com or call 01892 600963.