Job Vacancy: Technical Sales Engineer
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
Come and join the UK’s largest VA manufacturer.
Working in Lewes, you can enjoy a South Coast life in vibrant Brighton, while helping ASL and new customers meet up and do business together. With a mixed and exciting role, contacting and meeting potential customers, making proposals and helping keep our website up to date, we need someone who can thrive on a variety of tasks and has an eye for detail in written work as well as the ability to understand and meet needs quickly and efficiently.
Purpose of Role:
Support the growth of ASL through providing support to customers in the design of ASL products and solutions and by providing the delivery of accurate and timely quotations and bids.
- Produce accurate and detailed quotations and systems proposals
- Liaise with strategic end-users such as Network Rail, LUL, BAA to influence requirements and drive supplier preference
- Evaluate and clearly understand the details and requirements for each tender
- Be up to date with latest estimator techniques and procedures
- Be responsible for Company quote calculator ensuring it is up to date and error free
- Be up to date with all ASL and competitor product range
- Contribute to Product Management to ensure unique selling point of ASL products is up to date and communicated to Sales Team
- Seek out and understand technical clarifications
- Be involved with tender/proposal presentations
- Participate in the improvement of products and processes by communication ideas & suggestions, as well as resolving problems you encounter
- Maintain proper filing of documentation in both hard and soft copy as per company QA procedures
- Work with international customers
Skills & Attributes:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills: use of MS office eg advanced Excel, Word, CRM software
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to multi task
- Good organizational skills, able to manage own workload with minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Analytical approach to solving problems
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of Telecom System interfacing eg public address, telephones, help points, passenger information displays, CCTV.
- Experience in Communication or System projects.
- Experience in proposing Complex Software Products
- Experience in the design, estimating and bid management in projects to include transport hubs, stadia, energy and defence sectors
- Experience of working in a Sales environment is desirable
Education & Qualifications:
- Engineering degree or other related disciplines
- Diploma in Acoustics advantageous
- ISCVE membership advantageous
Remuneration based on experience.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Annette Brown, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st March 2019