Job Vacancy: Technology & AV Support Engineer
Organisation: Wilton Park
Wilton Park is at the forefront of global policy development. We bring together people from around the world to discuss and develop solutions for critical global issues.
We work with governments, international organisations, civil society groups and individuals to find practical solutions to problems such as climate change, conflict, trade and security.
Our work has helped shape domestic and international policies on everything from nuclear security to sustainable development goals.
Purpose of the Post:
Deliver customer service focused help to enable users to create, maintain and increase daily value from using services provided by the Technology Services Department, including infrastructure, applications, audio visual equipment, devices, accessories, and peripherals.
Support and influence the design, implementation, and deployment of new or improved technology services. Ensure the performance of external service and product suppliers.
Work collaboratively with the Technology Services Team to set, meet, and exceed user expectations, acting as the “face of technology services” to the rest of the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receiving, prioritising, and resolving problems, incidents, and change requests, to agreed service levels using help desk, configuration management, monitoring, and asset management tools
- Configuring, changing, and deploying infrastructure, applications, devices, and peripherals
- Monitoring, detecting, analysing, and improving availability, capacity, performance, and continuity of infrastructure, applications, devices, and peripherals
- Creating, maintaining, and promoting knowledge-sharing resources to users
- Acting as a subject matter expert on technology engineering and AV for users, projects, and leaders
Adhere to the ITIL4 guiding principles
- Focus on value
- Start where you are
- Progress iteratively with feedback
- Collaborate and promote visibility
- Think and work holistically
- Keep it simple and practical
- Optimise and automate
Audio Visual Specific:
- Operate and support presentation, conference, collaboration and associated control systems, offering support and assistance to clients both virtually and in person, ensuring all video conferencing requirements for the client are met in full.
- Evaluate the end user’s requirements regarding all internal events and, where required, arrange for the hire of additional equipment
- Support video conference calls including liaising with remote offices in respect to the setup, testing and running of video conference calls
- Ability to deliver a high standard of customer service always ensuring client requests are dealt with promptly in a calm, confident manner
- Practical knowledge of end user operating systems and remote and on-premises working environments
- Practical knowledge of end user infrastructure, applications, devices, and peripherals including telephony, and WIFI
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and O365 and Windows operating systems and networks
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels of business
- Good creative thinking
- At least 1 years’ experience working in the corporate Audio-Visual and live events arena, with a broad knowledge of Audio-Visual and sound equipment
- ITIL certification or similar ITSM qualification
- Practical knowledge of on-premises, virtualised, cloud hosted, and hybrid end user computing environments
The salary for this post is £24,300 – £28,684. This post is a Grade B3 under the Civil Service Pay Grade
Closing date for applications: 17:00 Friday 29 October 2021
To apply for this position you will need to download a candidates pack, containing full details of the post and application process, which can be downloaded from here;