Job Vacancy: Voice Alarm and Loudspeaker Design Engineer
Company: Baldwin Boxall Ltd
Baldwin Boxall is looking for a voice alarm and loudspeaker design and technical sales engineer. The successful candidate will undertake the design of voice alarm systems and carry out loudspeaker placement designs. They will provide Baldwin Boxall’s customer base with technical sales support, detailed quotations, system drawings and loudspeaker designs to meet tender requirements.
Baldwin Boxall is an independent, highly successful, business based in Crowborough, that designs, manufactures and markets voice alarm and emergency voice communication equipment. Systems are installed in varying sectors, including commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, transport and public service facilities, distributing worldwide.
Our Values: we Care, we Connect, we Commit, we Deliver, we are Trusted.
- Provide technical pre sales support to our customer base.
- Create detailed system drawings as requested as part of our tender requirements
- Review tender documentation which would include consultant specifications, drawings and bill of quantities
- Create detailed and accurate compliance statements
- Design voice alarm, public address and/or emergency voice communication systems to meet tender requirements
- Carry out loudspeaker design placements from documents/drawings provided to ensure correct speech intelligibility is met
- Create loudspeaker placement drawings showing where correct loudspeakers should be mounted within the building
- Carry out EASE (or similar) loudspeaker designs for acoustic performance
- Provide customer base with accurate quotations that meet the requirements of the tender and make any required amendments as requested by the customer
- Provide support to the sales team / company where required
- Carry out battery calculations to ensure our equipment meets the required standby requirements
- Attend site to carry out technical surveys of existing systems and report findings • Attend site meeting as required
- Any other duties as required
- A broad knowledge of Voice Evacuation and EVC market
- A working knowledge of standards to include BS5839 and EN54
- An understanding of acoustics and loudspeakers
- Good knowledge of 100-volt line loudspeakers
- Carried out detailed voice evacuation system designs
- Created CAD (or similar) drawings
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Accuracy, consistency & attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Proactive attitude to work.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong communication and IT skills.
- Excellent technical and commercial knowledge.
- Strong understanding of the company’s markets and have the ability to understand our customer’s requirements.
- Membership of ISCVE an advantage.
- Aptitude to work as part of a team and communicate with other internal departments
- Capability to deal with change and help other departments as and when required.
- 38K – 42K p.a. depending on experience
- Time in lieu policy
- Profit related annual bonus
- 35 hours per week
- Permanent contract (6-month initial probation period)
- Company pension
- Private health scheme
- Life insurance
- Profit related quarterly lunches
- Work clothing
- Company social events
- On-site parking
To apply for this role please contact Kirsty Mitchell by email KirstyM@BaldwinBoxall.co.uk or call 01892 600963 Ext 264