Job Vacancy: Audio Visual Installation Engineer
Company: APi Sound & Visual
Due to continued growth, APi Sound and Visual is looking for a full-time Experienced Audio Visual Installation Engineer to expand its first-class team.
We design, install and maintain audio visual systems for a wide variety of clients. Our core business is in the church sector, but we also work in the heritage attraction, education and commercial sectors.
You can see examples of our work at www.apicommunications.co.uk
All our systems are designed, installed and commissioned to the highest standards.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and a genuine interest in audio visual technology, but also a passion for delivering a great customer experience.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our team and will be able to hit the ground running.
Installation engineer with at least 3 years Audio visual installation experience.
You will provide installation services on a wide range of integrated Audio visual systems, designed to meet a client’s needs. As well as working on AV you will also work on control systems and network solutions.
This is an interesting role as every project is unique and challenging, but it will give you satisfaction for a job well done.
The role will be field based however the successful candidate needs to be within easy reach of our Head Office in Exeter.
Projects are predominantly in the South of England, London, the Midlands and Wales, so the candidate must be willing and able to travel and stay away overnight when required during the week.
You will be required to lead projects, working closely with the rest of the installation team to ensure that installations are completed within the specified time-frame. Most of the work will be in a team of 2-4 persons, with some solo projects and service calls.
You will also be required to:
- Commission systems and handover to the client
- Liaise with clients whilst on-site and provide client training.
- At all times maintain a professional attitude.
- Provide regular feedback to the Engineering Manager regarding specific installations and client issues on-site.
- Ensure vans are in good working order and stocked with the correct consumables.
- Manage on-site logistics including ordering consumables, stock control and deliveries.
- Monitor installation work to ensure the highest standard is kept through all stages of a project.
- At least 3 years experience of installing audio visual systems from 1st fix through to completion is essential
- Proven track record of success in delivering bespoke AV systems
- Ability to set up sound systems for speech and music reinforcement.
- Experience of installing and setting up projectors and projector screens
- Good knowledge of cable running and management techniques
- Experience of audio/video and CAT cabling
- Excellent soldering, crimping and terminating skills, use of cable trays, trunking and baskets.
- Knowledge of audio and HDMI video signal protocols
- Knowledge of video conferencing (Teams, Zoom etc)
- Strong technical knowledge
- Have strong client facing and communication skills
- A natural problem solver
- Proactively interested in training and personal development
- Ability to read and translate schematics, terminating sheets, site plans and drawings and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems
- Attention to detail
- Setting up and fault finding basic IT networks using ethernet and WIFI.
- Experience with a range of power tools, basic woodworking and building skills, the ability to fix wall anchors into different materials in a safe manner.
- Certification or experience and be comfortable working at height with scaffold towers, ladders and powered access.
- Full UK driving licence
- An appreciation of music
- Interest in historic buildings and aesthetics (vital for a sympathetic installation)
- Appreciation of the sensitivities of working in sacred spaces
- Understanding of basic principles of acoustics
- Use of and production of CAD drawings
- Experience with IP based CCTV systems
- Configuring DMX based Lighting systems
- Programming control systems ie Kramer, Crestron, AMX.
- CSCS Card and other H+S certifications (PASMA, MEWP etc)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Awareness of general housekeeping and health and safety in the workshop
- Have a flexible approach to project changes on site
- Be able to think laterally and suggest engineering solutions on-site.
- CTS qualified or working towards
- ISCVE membership an advantage
£28,000 – £34,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- A permanent position (subject to 6 months probationary period)
- Van will be provided for business use only
- Mobile phone with data package
- Specialist tools
- Company pension
- Laptop and iPad for company use
- Travel expenses
- Training courses eg First Aid and H+S
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- ISCVE membership
- Excellent office coffee
- A nurturing environment to help you reach your full potential.
To apply, send your CV and tell us about some installations you have worked on to email@example.com