Job Vacancy: Public Address, Voice Alarm, Audio-Visual Installation Engineer
Company: 2CL Communications
Established in 1972, 2CL is an award-winning 2-way radio company. However, over the last 2 years, we have started to work on projects involving Public Address and Voice Alarm systems. Furthermore, we are embarking on working more on unified communications, video conferencing and system integration with our other security products. With our head office based in Eastleigh, we are well placed to access our clients easily.
We are continuing to invest in our teams and staff to help with continued professional development to ensure we remain at the forefront of the industry in offering a 360-degree solution to our clients.”
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a PA/VA/AV Installation Engineer who is keen to work on Public Address/ Voice Alarms and Audio-Visual equipment. Any experience is preferable, however, their attitude to learning is more important to us. We are keen to find someone who may have worked within a rental house as this may prove useful in the future as we expand both the premise (in progress) and our product offerings.
We are hoping to increase our product offering into Video Conferencing, Unified Communications and Audio-Visual Equipment with increasing enquiries being increasingly received. We encourage our team to work on their initiative to enhance customer experience.
Our aim is to have the successful candidate head up installations as a manager, whether that is working on their own, or as part of a team. You may be asked to co-ordinate or manage sub-contractors as part of the work we complete.
This role is a travelling role, which may require you to work away from home. We provide full accommodation, subsistence, and company van.
- Enthusiasm to learn and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a team, sub-contractors, and colleagues.
- Ability to interpret written directives including schematics, mechanical/electrical drawings, and cable structures.
- Ensure compliance with risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) provided by the project manager, the ability to create RAMS is desirable.
- Completion of the first fix of installation, including cable containment, cable routing, pulling and cable identity in line with the company’s internal workshop standards manual.
- Installation of equipment mounts and support structures.
- Completion of all cable termination, according to regulations, standards, and technical specifications.
- Equipment rack construction and build in compliance with internal workshop standards documentation and manufacturer’s requirements.
- Ability to provide fault diagnostics and rectification testing.
- Ability to rectify any faults found.
- Working to deadlines
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent time management skills and interpersonal skill sets
- Desire to learn and undergo continual professional development.
A broad experience and detailed knowledge of the following is desired:
- Rack building and pre-wiring
- Installation of 100 Volt line equipment, including control and speakers
- Installation of conference systems from various manufacturers (training can be provided)
- Installation of AV control systems e.g. Crestron, Polycom, VC, AMX (Advantageous)
- Installation of other sound equipment, microphones, etc
- Solder AV connectors (Specialist Tools and Training Provided)
- Structured cabling including pulling, terminating, and testing all cable, and wiring associated with audio/video systems.
- Experience working on construction sites.
- Manual handling will be required for moving equipment.
- Background in AV engineering or installation essential
- Membership of ISCVE an advantage
- Full UK driving licence.
- Right to work in the UK
Monday to Friday based in Eastleigh, however the position may require out-of-hours work and working away, but offered back as time in lieu or overtime (subject to negotiation).
Salary guide is £30K per annum.
Please send your application with CV to Luke McGowan via email email@example.com