Job Vacancy: AV Installation Engineer
Company: Distributed Sound & Video Ltd
DSAV are specialist audio-visual installers for Places of Worship and community initiatives across the UK. For 15 years DSAV has built its reputation on delivering exceptional audio-visual solutions that have a positive impact on local communities.
We have the immediate requirement for an experienced Lead Audio-Visual Installation Engineer with hands on experience of the installation and maintenance of audio-visual systems to join a friendly and passionate team completing projects across the UK.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
As an Audio-Visual Installation Engineer, you will have extensive hands-on experience of the installation and maintenance of audio-visual systems and a firm grounding in audio-visual disciplines.
Duties of the Audio-Visual Installation Engineer include:
- Taking a lead in the installation, testing and commissioning of AV projects.
- Ensuring projects are completed within specified timescales and in line with expected quality standards.
- Completing all commissioning tests and paperwork to verify that each system is deployed and operating correctly, including client ‘sign-off’ documentation.
- Transporting, assembling, and disassembling AV equipment.
- Using inventory software to manage, co-ordinate and report on stock, materials, cable usage and tool states.
- Ensuring vans are in good working order and stocked with the correct level of consumables.
- Carrying out efficient maintenance visits in line with customer service agreements, including administration of asset registers
- Replying to client correspondence and maintain up-to-date records of all activities through the Company’s CRM, such as logging maintenance reports.
- Contributing to AV documentation such as customer user guides.
- Overseeing and managing warranty replacements, repairs etc. as required.
- Assisting with technical support services and responding in a timely manner to customers requiring emergency assistance (system failure/user error) including remote assistance via the Helpdesk or on site.
- Providing advice, guidance, training, and support to customers.
Qualifications & Key Attributes:
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, architectural blueprints, rack elevations and cable schedules.
- At least 5 years industry experience terminating cables, including, soldering, crimping, and working with network and antenna cabling.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and technical fault finding.
- Firm understanding of processing control, routing, and audio video signal paths.
- Knowledge and correct use of fixings and mounting systems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- IT skills: Knowledge of control software such as DANTE.
- Eligible to legally work in the UK
- 5+ years relevant experience in an AV or electrical engineering discipline
- Ability to work at height
- CSCS or ECS Card
- Full clean drivers’ license
- Fluent in English
- Professional and respectful attitude towards clients and colleagues.
- Must be able to display empathy and be of a helpful nature.
- Recognise accountability for own tasks.
- A meticulous eye for detail and precision
- Punctual and reliable.
- Willingness to learn, follow processes, and be pro-active.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and to prioritise tasks according to urgency or severity.
- Be flexible and have an adaptable approach to work.
- Hands -on and physically capable of moving tools and site equipment (which in some cases may present a physical challenge).
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with one line which explains what value you can add to our business.