Job Vacancy: Audio Visual Installation Engineer
Company: Distributed Sound & Video Ltd
DSAV are specialist audio-visual installers for Places of Worship and community initiatives across the UK. For 15 years DSAV has built its reputation on delivering exceptional audio-visual solutions that have a positive impact on local communities.
Highly motivated with a keen eye for detail, you will be responsible for leading the installation of AV projects. Customer focussed and empathetic, you should be able to confidently provide both remote and in-person technical support.
Roles & Responsibilities:
We have the immediate requirement for an experienced Audio-Visual Installation Engineer with hands on experience of the installation and maintenance of audio-visual systems to join a friendly and passionate team completing projects across the UK.
Duties of the AV Installation Engineer include:
- Taking a lead in the installation, testing and commissioning of AV projects.
- Transporting, assembling, and disassembling AV equipment.
- Using inventory software to organise stock and materials in preparation for installations.
- Reporting to the Technical Director.
- Contributing to AV documentation such as customer user guides.
- Providing an efficient maintenance service for customers signed up to maintenance contracts.
- Arrange warranty replacements, repairs etc. as required.
- Respond in a timely manner to customers requiring emergency assistance (system failure/user error).
- Reply to client correspondence and log maintenance reports in the CRM.
- Provide advice, guidance, training and support to customers.
- Develop and promote a positive customer service ethic, provide the highest level of customer service to all clients.
- Attend all required professional development initiatives and work towards a training programme.
- Cultivate an expert knowledge of all common AV disciplines: audio, visual, lighting, networking, video conferencing.
- Attend regular staff reviews.
- Where requested undertake any other duties that can reasonably be expected to fall within the scope of this role.
- Support in the organisation and attendance of trade shows.
- Undertake duties with a full understanding of the Health & Safety implications and attend H&S training.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and cable schedules.
- At least 5 years industry experience terminating cables, including, soldering, crimping and working with network and antenna cabling
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and technical fault finding.
- Firm understanding of processing control, routing, and audio video signal paths.
- IT skills: Knowledge of control software such as DANTE.
- Professional and respectful attitude towards clients and colleagues.
- Must be able to display empathy and be of a helpful nature.
- Recognise accountability for own tasks.
- A keen eye for detail and precision
- Punctual and reliable.
- Willingness to learn, follow processes, and be pro-active.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team player.
- Physically capable of moving AV equipment (which in some cases may present a physical challenge).
- Eligible to legally work in the UK
- 5+ years relevant AV experience
- CSCS or ECS Card
- Full clean drivers’ license
- Fluent in English
- A-Level or BTEC qualifications
- Degree level/equivalent experience in a relevant field e.g. sound engineering
- Electrical qualifications – desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in places of worship or historic buildings
- AVIXA CTS qualification
- ISCVE membership an advantage
Starting Salary: £22,000 – £28,000 (dependent on experience)
Please apply via email to email@example.com stating the role you are applying for.
Deadline for applications is noon on Friday 21st May 2021, applicants must be available for interview on Friday 28th May.