Job Vacancy: Product Manager
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd.
At ASL we are committed to keeping people safe, entertained, and making a difference. Our strong sense of identification with clients, acousticians and audio engineers means that we are constantly adapting. To this end, we adopt a progressive approach to technology, and continue to invest heavily in our research and development programs.
Purpose of Role:
The Product Manager oversees the entire development and production process of ASL Public Address and Voice Alarm product range and coordinates departmental teams to ensure product success. As such, the Product Manager contributes to product strategy, maintains the documented form of that strategy including the product road map, and communicates the strategy both internally and externally to existing and potential customers.
The Product Manager also monitors and reviews market and technology trends to determine the best methods to make the product and services profitable for the company.
- Define and manage the Company’s product portfolio and roadmap.
- Develop Client relationships and capture their requirements.
- Work with the Sales Team to forge and maintain relationships with key customers, explaining the current product range and obtaining feedback on issues and potential improvements.
- Develop technology and delivery partnerships.
- Working with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Develop expert knowledge in competitor analysis by monitoring competitor product ranges and providing technical and commercial feedback to ASL management.
- Monitor, review and continually improve product design, development, deployment, and support activities.
- Manage the product life cycle ensuring smooth transitioning of old product to new product with a particular emphasis on stock and customer spares/life commitment.
- Provide training to the internal teams and customers.
- Deliver market requirements documents (MRD) and product requirements documents (PRD) with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Develop core positioning and messaging for products.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Maintain Technical-Commercial Literature: Datasheets, application examples, presentations
- Support the annual budget process.
Skills & Attributes:
The role requires the person to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong communication, IT, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Meticulous, methodical, and result-oriented.
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills with managerial capabilities.
- Good understanding of the Company’s products, key markets, and ability to understand customers’ needs.
- Analytical in their approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate well with all areas of the Company.
- Ability to deal with change and be prepared to help other areas of the business as and when needed.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in the acoustics industry (public address and voice alarm desirable)
- Previous experience in product lifecycle management.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional team.
Education & Qualifications:
- Engineering degree
- MBA is advantageous
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension – employer contribution 5%
- Death in service benefit
- Group sickness benefit
- A range of family-friendly policies including flexible working
- 31 days holiday (rising to 33) this includes public holidays.
If you feel like you would be a good fit and have a lot to offer please feel free send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org