Job Vacancy: Technical Trainer
Company: Application Solutions (Safety and Security) Ltd / Zenitel
ASL is a UK based leading supplier of EN54 Public Address, Voice Alarm, Commercial Audio and Control Systems. Zenitel with it’s HQ in Norway is one of the technology leaders in intelligent critical communication. ASL & Zenitel have now joined forces to become a truly global business.
ASL and Zenitel products are renowned for their high reliability, compatibility, and flexibility. Fully certified to stringent industry standards.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to Head of Technical Support, the Technical Trainer is responsible for writing, reviewing, maintaining, and managing clear, engaging and coherent training content for ASL’s products, and delivering within an assessment and certification regime.
Training content should include materials which can be delivered in the classroom as well as online via webinar or self-taught, hosted on ASL’s learning environment. Use of video and audio tools is essential to help develop engaging content to meet the required learning outcomes
Course delivery must be tailored towards a diverse audience meeting their specific needs. The typical delegate groups will be:
- Internal staff
- System operators
- System installers
- System maintainers
- Technical specialists
- Customers who need to keep up to date with ASL products and systems, and their developments
- Work with Product Development, Sales and Engineering teams to develop a training strategy for new products and features
- Work with Systems Engineers, Support Engineers and Project Managers to identify customers knowledge gaps and specific course development that will help to reduce the pressure on the support teams.
- Plan, develop, organise, create, and maintain content to include product features and functionality, technical support knowledgebase articles and guides targeted at internal and external customers
- Configure, upgrade and maintain associated training equipment and resources
- Create video and audio content to meet the needs of audio visual learners or where demonstration is relevant and to help develop online support advice and guidance.
- Deliver training to staff and customers, including train the trainer courses where necessary at the ASL office in Lewes as well as overseas either in person or via webinar as required.
- Deliver training to meet the required learning outcomes using a blended learning approach as appropriate taking account of preferred learning styles and the most convenient method for delivery
- Plan, develop and run a training schedule covering the full range of ASL products
- Continuously re-evaluate content and learning outcomes across all courses to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Maintain content to meet ASL branding requirements and learning objectives.
- Obtain CPD accreditation for courses which customers require or would benefit from CPD accreditation
Skills & Attributes:
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to take complex issues and break them down into a series of simple concepts
- Possess an ability to take complex processes and break them down into a series of simple steps
- Be able to draw explanatory diagrams of concepts and product workflows
- Pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy and completeness of the content produced
- Be proficient with MS Office tools and other content development tools.
- Be proficient with learning management systems, such as Moodle
- Be a team player, comfortable working in a wide team and building strong professional relationships
- Be able to work to agreed timescales
- Be able to work independently making decisions, problem solving and driving issues to a conclusion
- Be able to develop courses meeting professional requirements
- Be prepared to travel nationally and internationally to deliver training
- Good negotiating skills to agree training content with stakeholders
- Membership of ISCVE an advantage
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 3 years proven experience working in a technical position, creating content, and delivering technical training
- Working within training delivery, assessment and verification management processes.
- Knowledge of IT networking and network design is desirable
Education & Qualifications:
- A good degree in a relevant subject would be useful but not essential as practical experience of training and technical writing is considered equally important.
- Minimum Level 3 Teaching and Learning qualification or equivalent accreditation.
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Health cover (on completion of probation period)
- Training & Personal development
- Opportunities for career progression
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Marc Sellis, HR and Business Support